OKRs stands for Objectives and Key Result and is a goal setting method which lets an Organization set goals from the ground up, creating alignment and engagement around measurable goals.
Node let's you set and track Objectives and Key Results easier and faster than ever.
Objectives are short qualitative descriptions of what you want to achieve.
Key Results are a set of metrics that measure progress towards an Objective.
A Focus Area is an area where you company or team wants to put focus for a specific period of time.
Add an Objective and a Key Result
- Navigate to your Profile Page by clicking on your profile picture in your upper right corner.
- Click the Add Objective button.
- Type your Objective in the text field and choose a Focus Area in the dropdown to align your Objective with. Then click Next.
- Choose one of the following 3 metrics to track your Key Result: Target, when you want to set a specific target. Range when you want to increase or decrease something from a specific starting point. Milestone when you can't set a number.
- Write your key result and click Add Key Result. Note: Write your descriptions so they match how the Key Result will be displayed: number+description (example: 250 new paid customers)
- Repeat step 4 and 5 if you want to add more Key Results.
- When you are satisfied, click Save OKR.
Your new Objective and Key Result is now visible on your profile page where they can be edited and commented at any time.
When you've added one or several Objectives and Key Results it's time to learn how to Check In and get feedback on your progress.