Before you start
- Although it is possible to add roles on your phone by clicking the plus-sign in your profile, we recommend you use the desktop version of the tool when building larger organisations.
- This article is not relevant if you have set up Node to provision your organisation's role through an Active Directory, in this case, role creation is handled through provisioning, not manually as this article describes.
- On desktop go to the Roles menu located on the top main menu.
- When you land here, a role will be pre-selected. Adding a role will be adding a role that reports to this pre-selected role. You can choose to move roles as you wish after you have created one. Continue reading to learn how to move roles.
- To add a role, simply click on the blue button on your right. Give the role a title. You then have the option to either set the role as vacant or invite a colleague directly to it.
Move a role
- To move a role on desktop, you need to go to the role you want to move, and click edit on that role.
- In edit-mode of the role, click on the parent role selector, write the first letters in the role title you want the role to be moved to and then select that to move the role.
Attention: Note that all roles below a role that is moved are moved as well when you move a role.
- If you want the role to be moved to the "top", like when you add the CEO role for example, then select "set as root" in the parent role selector.
Invite a colleague
- Click "Invite colleague to Role" which is located just under the input field of the Role Name.
- Fill out First-, Last name and email and click "Add role". An invite will be sent to the email address, from where the recipient then can access their new role.
Note: If you have already added the role, and left it vacant, simply go to the role you want to invite your colleague to and then click "Edit" as described above and click "Invite colleague to Role". Fill out the colleagues details and click "Save Changes".