Good to know
There are multiple ways a company can be set up on Node. This article is about how to access the system via a custom domain and authenticate using an identity provider like ADFS.
To get started
Ask your manager or IT support for a URL to the service your Company uses. It is probably something like yourcompany.itsinthenode.com.
- Click on the link you received or type the URL in a browser.
- Type your login credentials and click next. If you don't know your login credentials, ask your manager or IT support.
- When you log in the first time you will be asked to add your photo. Click on the camera icon to upload a photo for your profile.
- Once you uploaded a photo you can adjust it by zooming in or out and panning it. When you are satisfied, fill in your work phone number, then click Finish Setup.
- If you are on your mobile, you will be asked to Add to homescreen. This works a bit different on different browsers.
- On iPhone, using the default browser Safari, you click on the symbol in the bottom center and then choose Add to Homescreen. Name the app and then open the app from the homescreen. Done.
- On Android, using the default browser Chrome, click on the symbol in top right corner and then choose Add to Homescreen. Name the app and then open the app from the homescreen. Done.
Why we ask for this information
When you set up your account we ask for required information. Most of this information is submitted by the person who invited you to Node. We use this information to provide content that is relevant to you and your company's needs.
- Work email address. The email address we use to contact you. Make sure you use your work email with the same domain name as your colleagues. E.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- First and Last name. The name associated with your account profile. Your profile is unique to you but will be displayed to your colleagues.
- Role title. Your role title will be displayed on your profile page.
- Work phone. Your phone number will be displayed on your profile page and can be used by your colleagues to contact you.
- Profile photo. The profile photo associated with your account profile. A key item to create a sense of humanity and relationship in the system.
When you've activated your account it's time to get familiar with Objectives and Key Results.